Skip to content
Library Membership Terms and Conditions
By becoming a member of Noosa Library service, you agree to comply with the following Terms and
Conditions of Use:
- You must comply with the Copyright Act 1968 and Copyright Amendment Act 2006.
- The personal details you provide to Noosa Council, as part of your membership,
are true and correct.
- You are required to advise staff as soon as possible of any changes in membership details
or loss of library card.
- You agree to take good care of all library material borrowed and will pay charges resulting from loss or
damage to these materials.
- Parents and guardians are responsible for their children’s selection and use of library materials and
services, including access to the internet.
- You must obey the lawful direction of library staff at all times.
- The Library Membership Terms and Conditions may change from time to time and will be
available at library service points and on Council’s website.
Library Charges Include
- Replacement costs for any items lost, damaged or destroyed while borrowed.
Printing and copying is available with prices starting at 20c per page (no refunds available)
- Interlibrary loan charges may apply for items only available from fee charging libraries.
- A full listing of all fees and charges is available on Council’s website .
Privacy Collection Notice
- Provide library services to you, including issuing library membership cards and library notices and
processing library membership applications;
- Verify a person’s identification and provide customer protection;
- Tell you about our library services, including through email notifications and newsletters and
- Provide you with customer service functions, including the handling of customer enquiries
- Process any enquiry you have submitted to us, contact you and provide you with information in
relation to your enquiry;
- Maintain public safety and incident reporting on our premises;
- Comply with audit and safety requirements; and,
- Noosa Council will use the personal information collected for one of these purposes identified above.
- Access to your personal information will only be provided to appropriate Council employees and
authorised officers. Noosa Council may disclose information externally to third party providers we work
with for the purpose of providing library services. Your personal information will not be disclosed to any
other party unless permitted or required by law.
- Council handles your personal information in accordance with the following legislation:
- Information Privacy Act 2009
- Queensland Libraries Act 1988
- Local Government Act 2009
- Work Health and Safety Act 2011