How to become a member.
Want to use the resources independently? Noosa Library Service provides a general induction workshop to the makerspace which covers an introduction to the space and resources, an overview of how to access and use the space safely and a basic lesson on the user’s preferred piece of technology.
Our Makerspaces are open for independent use as follows:
- Cooroy Makerspace is open Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday 9am – 5pm, Saturdays 9am – 12-30pm
- Noosa Makerspace is open Thursday, Friday, 9am – 5pm, Saturday 9 am – 2-30 pm
- In order to book and use the resources independently, users must:
- Users must be aged 18 years and older.
- Users aged 16-17 years can complete inductions and book and use the makerspace facilities only if they have parent/guardian permission. Users will need to complete a consent form when completing their membership form.
- Meet the age eligibility criteria
- Be a Noosa Library member (and if not join up)
- Agree to Noosa Library Service’s Makerspace Fair Use Guide and 3D Printer Policy.
- Attend a Makerspace Induction and pay relevant fees ($20)
- Complete and sign Makerspace Membership form.
If you would like to attend a makerspace member induction please contact the library at email@example.com or calling 5329 6555
- A Custom built PC with an HTC Vive VR headset
- Laptops and PCs for with 3D design software
- 3D printers available:
- UP mini 2 x 4
- Prusa i3 MK3 x 2
- Prusa Mini (Noosaville only)
Follow these instructions for printing tips and tricks
- Janome Sewing Machines x 4
- Bernina Overlocker
- Epson flatbed scanner (photos, documents, slides, negatives)
- Emblaser 2 Laser Cutter engraver (Noosaville only)