Attention all young writers!
“The lost treasure of Queensland”
Do you have a creative imagination and a way with words? Then we want you to enter our exciting story writing competition!
All students from Prep to Year 7 are invited to participate, and the best story in each category will win a $50 prize!
Your story must be titled “The lost treasure of Queensland”
Prompt and tips
Your main character goes on an adventure to explore the beautiful land of Queensland. Along the way, they discover all sorts of interesting sights, meet new animal friends, and overcome some fun challenges. Can your character make it all the way to the end of the adventure?
Some ideas to consider while writing:
- What interesting sights does your main character see in Queensland? A beautiful beach, a lush rainforest, a bustling city?
- What animal friends do they meet on the adventure? Maybe a friendly kangaroo, a curious koala, or a colourful parrot.
- What challenges do they face along the way? Maybe they have to cross a rickety bridge, climb a steep hill, or navigate a maze.
- What skills or knowledge do they use to overcome the challenges? Do they have to be brave, clever, or creative?
- How does your main character feel about the adventure? Are they excited, scared or curious?
To enter simply write your story and submit it online here or hand it in to your nearest Noosa Library Service Branch by 30 May.
Remember to include your name, age, and contact details on your entry.
Prep-year 2 – 50-100 words
Years 2-4 – 250-500 words
Years 5-7 – 500-1000 words
First prize – $50
Second prize -$30
Third prize -$20