How to become a member.
Want to use the resources independently? Noosa Library Service provides a general induction workshop to the makerspace which covers an introduction to the space and resources, an overview of how to access and use the space safely and a basic lesson on the user’s preferred piece of technology.
Our Makerspaces are open for independant use as follows:
- Cooroy Makerspace is open Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday 9am – 5pm, Saturdays 9am - 1pm
- Noosa Makerspace is open Thursday, Friday, Monday 9am - 5pm, Saturday 9 am - 3 pm, Sunday 10 am - 2 pm.
In order to book and use the resources independently, users must:
- Meet the age eligibility criteria
- Users must be aged 18 years and older.
- Users aged 16-17 years can complete inductions and book and use the makerspace facilities only if they have parent/guardian permission. Users will need to complete a consent form when completing their membership form.
- Be a Noosa Library member (and if not join up)
- Agree to Noosa Library Service’s Makerspace Fair Use Guide and 3D Printer Policy.
- Attend a Makerspace Induction and pay relevant fees ($20)
- Complete and sign Makerspace Membership form.
If you would like to attend a makerspace member induction you can book a session here.
Already a member?Book equipment here.
Each makerspace space hosts a range of new and emerging technology (as well as some old, tried and trusted technology):
- A Custom built PC with an HTC Vive VR headset
- Laptops and PCs for with 3D design software
- 3D printers available:
- Einscan 3D Scanner (Cooroy only)
- Janome Sewing Machines x 4
- Bernina Overlocker
- Epson flatbed scanner (photos, documents, slides, negatives)
- Audio-visual digitization equipment (VHS, Hi8, Digital8, Video8, MiniDV and audio-cassette)