How to become a member.
Want to use the resources independently? Noosa Library Service provides a general induction workshop to the makerspace which covers an introduction to the space and resources, an overview of how to access and use the space safely and a basic lesson on the user’s preferred piece of technology.
The Cooroy Makerspace is open Mondays and Tuesdays 9am – 5pm for users to explore the resources independently.
In order to book and use the resources independently, users must:
- Meet the age eligibility criteria
- Users must be aged 18 years and older.
- Users aged 16-17 years can complete inductions and book and use the makerspace facilities only if they have parent/guardian permission. Users will need to complete a consent form when completing their membership form.
- Be a Noosa Library member (and if not join up)
- Agree to Noosa Library Service’s Makerspace Fair Use Guide and 3D Printer Policy.
- Attend a Makerspace Induction and pay relevant fees ($20)
- Complete and sign Makerspace Membership form.
Email email@example.com to register your interest in attending an up-coming makerspace member induction.
Already a member? Book here.
The space hosts a range of new and emerging technology (as well as some old, tried and trusted technology:
- A custom built PC with an HTC Vive VR headset
- Cooroy Makerspace has the following 3D printers available:
- Einscan 3D Scanner
- A range of robotics
- Janome Sewing Machines x 4
- Bernina Overlocker
- Apple Mac with iMovie and Garageband